Special Clinical Interests:
- Neurointerventional/Neuroendovascular Surgery: Minimally invasive treatment of Stroke, Carotid stenosis, Intracranial atherosclerotic disease, Brain Aneurysm, Brain hemorrhage and Brain arteriovenous Malformations, Brain Tumors, Subdural Hematoma.
- Minimally invasive spine intervention for Fractures, Tumor ablation and Spinal pain management.
Medical School and internship:
- Medical School (MBBS), Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Sheth K.M. School of Medicine and Research, N.H.L. Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, India.
- Neurointerventional Radiology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Fellowship in Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL.
- Fellowship in Neuroradiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
Additional Certificate courses:
- Certificate course in Healthcare management, Rice University, Houston
- Physician Leadership Academy, Certificate course in health care leadership UTMB Galveston.
- CAST Certification by Society of Neurological Surgery (SNS) in Neuroendovascular Surgery, January 2019.
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Neuroradiology, ABR, 2011
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology, 2008
- National Board of Radiology Examinations, New Delhi, India, 2002
- Staff Neurointerventional Radiologist, Renown regional Medical center, Reno, Nevada.
- Associate Clinical Professor in Radiology and Neurology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno
- Associate Professor in Radiology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, UTMB, Galveston, TX.
- Staff Neurointerventional Radiologist with Milwaukee Radiologist, Milwaukee, WI.
- Assistant Professor in Radiology, Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, West Virginia University, Ruby Memorial Hospital, Morgantown, WV
- Assistant Professor in Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Staff Radiologist, Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Clinical Instructor in Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS:
- Senior Member, Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Senior Member, American Society of Neuroradiology
- Member, Radiological Society of North America
Most Cited Scientific publications:
1: Raghuram K, Durgam A, Kohlnhofer J, Singh A. Relationship between stroke recurrence, infarct pattern, and vascular distribution in patients with symptomatic intracranial stenosis. J Neurointerv Surg. 2018
Dec;10(12):1161-1163. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2017-013735. Epub 2018 Mar 30. PMID: 29602861.
2: Kidwell CS, Jahan R, Gornbein J, Alger JR, Nenov V, Ajani Z, Feng L, Meyer
BC, Olson S, Schwamm LH, Yoo AJ, Marshall RS, Meyers PM, Yavagal DR, Wintermark M, Guzy J, Starkman S, Saver JL; MR RESCUE Investigators. A trial of imaging selection and endovascular treatment for ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med. 2013 Mar 7;368(10):914-23. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1212793. Epub 2013 Feb 8. PMID: 23394476; PMCID: PMC3690785.
3: Rai AT, Carpenter JS, Raghuram K, Roberts TD, Rodgers D, Hobbs GR.
Endovascular therapy yields significantly superior outcomes for large vessel occlusions compared with intravenous thrombolysis: is it time to randomize? J Neurointerv Surg. 2013 Sep 1;5(5):430-4. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2012-010429. Epub 2012 Jul 28. PMID: 22842210.
4: Rai AT, Raghuram K, Carpenter JS, Domico J, Hobbs G. Pre-intervention
cerebral blood volume predicts outcomes in patients undergoing endovascular therapy for acute ischemic stroke. J Neurointerv Surg. 2013 May;5 Suppl 1:i25-32. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2012-010293. Epub 2012 Mar 20. PMID: 22434904.
5: Rai AT, Raghuram K, Domico J, Hobbs G, Carpenter J. Pre-intervention triage incorporating perfusion imaging improves outcomes in patients undergoing endovascular stroke therapy: a comparison with the device trials. J Neurointerv Surg. 2013 Mar;5(2):121-7. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2011-010189. Epub 2012 Feb 18. PMID: 22345110.
6: Raghuram K, Seynnaeve C, Rai AT. Endovascular treatment of extracranial atherosclerotic disease involving the vertebral artery origins: a comparison of drug-eluting and bare-metal stents. J Neurointerv Surg. 2012 May;4(3):206-10. doi: 10.1136/neurintsurg-2011-010051. Epub 2011 Jun 28. PMID: 21990510.
7: Izar B, Rai A, Raghuram K, Rotruck J, Carpenter J. Comparison of devices used for stent-assisted coiling of intracranial aneurysms. PLoS One.
2011;6(9):e24875. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0024875. Epub 2011 Sep 22. PMID: 21966374; PMCID: PMC3178562.